As responsible providers of mental health services, we are advising the public that effective August 29, 2023, the following behavioral health facilities will become non-network providers of the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (UHCP) - TennCare Medicaid Plan:
- Cedar Grove Residential Treatment Center – Murfreesboro, TN
- Compass Intervention Center – Memphis, TN
- Cumberland Hall Hospital – Hopkinsville, KY
- Hermitage Hall – Nashville, TN
- Lakeside Behavioral Health System – Memphis, TN
- Laurel Heights Hospital – Atlanta, GA
- McDowell Center for Children – Dyersburg, TN
- Mountain Youth Academy – Mountain City, TN
- Natchez Trace Youth Academy – Waverly, TN
- Oak Plains Academy – Ashland City, TN
- Parkwood Behavioral Health System – Olive Branch, MS
- Rolling Hills Hospital – Franklin, TN
Since 2008, we have been contracted with the UHCP TennCare Plan to provide high-quality mental health and substance abuse services to members we are so honored to serve. In January 2023, we initiated good faith efforts with UHCP to revise certain elements of our contractual relationship. Unfortunately, we have not been able to reach a mutually satisfactory arrangement moving forward.
Therefore, effective Tuesday, August 29, 2023, we will no longer be a network option for UHCP TennCare members.
For patients (children, adolescents, and adults) who are currently receiving care in our facilities, treatment will not be interrupted. For new patients who present to us, we will dutifully fulfill our EMTALA obligations and provide care to stabilize, then either seek to transfer the patient to another facility that is in-network or seek an out-of-network exception.
Our local network of behavioral health facilities have a long legacy as valued providers of superior care across Tennessee and surrounding states. Lakeside Behavioral Health System and Rolling Hills Hospital are currently the largest providers of inpatient services for children/adolescents in Middle and West Tennessee.
We understand that this development is inconvenient and limiting to patients and urge consumers and community stakeholders to reach out to UHCP TennCare.